God’s Answers to Life’s Difficult Questions
Session 1_ “How Can I Cope with Stress”
3 Keys to Stress Management. Matthew 11:28-30, NIV
1. The first thing you have to do is come to Jesus for rest.
· Rest for our souls—deeper kind of fatigue then physical fatigue.
· Our greatest problem is an overloaded mind, spirit, and emotions.
2. The second thing you have to do is take up His yoke.
· A yoke is symbol of partnership—It lightens our load. Psalms 55:22, NIV
· A yoke is a symbol of control—Give up control lightens the load.
· Are you setting the pace, following your own agenda or are you allowing God to set the pace and agenda? God needs to be your Pacesetter.
3. The third thing you have to do is learn to trust. Matthew 11:29, NIV
· Study how Jesus lived—do as he did!
· Habits of a worried and hurried life style didn’t develop over night—you will not get over it over night—You will have to relearn some things.
· Jesus secret to Peace—He only did what the Father told Him to do.
· Humble Obedience to the Father—don’t have to understand all He tells me to do just do it! —Live for an audience of ONE!
Come to Jesus
Give up Control
Learn to Trust and Follow the Model of Jesus